Join Our Newsletter

Moose Hunting Package (still sit, stalk or call)


Limited number of adult tags. Party hunting is allowed. We can put a package together for any number of hunters. Your success would be better with a guide but is not required.

Includes: Stay in Modern Housekeeping Cabin, Pre-hunt Orientation, Maps, Tracking & Pick up of Game, Use of Butchering and Freezing Facilities.

Not Included: Hunting License, Outdoors Card, Meals, Ground Transportation, Guide, Meat Processing, Export Permit and applicable taxes.

Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by emailing, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or 1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information

Residents with their own tags can rent a cabin to hunt any unit close to our camp. Unit 5, 15A, 8 and 9A. (minimum occupancy rate applies)

We are flexible with arrival and departure dates and times. After a week's stay extra nights can be added, if available, at a discounted rate.

What To Bring: Passport or Passport Card, previous hunting license CN or US, GPS, warm clothes (Never know what the temperature will be) Hunter Orange hat and vest (camo orange is not acceptable in Ontario), weapon of choice soft gun case or bow case (legal requirement), bug jacket, repellent, Rain Gear Extra Footwear/Gloves, Flash lights (Batteries), Binoculars, Coolers, Cheese Cloth or Freezer Bags for meat, Hunting knife/sharpener, Food & Drink, sleeping bag, towels, cleaning and personal items.

Moose Hunting Notes: Rifle should be at least a 270 or larger. Any MAG rifle is recommended. Bow hunters must use a bow with a 50-lbs. pull or better. 60-lbs. pull or better is recommended. By law, all guns must have a trigger lock and be locked and in a transportation case within 1/2 hour after sunset and 1/2 hour before sunrise. Hunter orange must be worn at all times while hunting or transporting to-and-from the WMU. Hunters need to bring their old hunting license and proper personal identification as well as passports. When crossing the border, have your Firearms Declaration Form ready but do not sign it until the customs agent asks you to.

How it works: If you are interested in a moose hunt you must contact us to see the availability of tags. If you interested in a future tag we will take your information for that year but cannot guarantee a tag until the allocations come out in October each year. At that time you will be contacted for deposit payments to lock in your hunt. Preparing: On confirmation of reservation a hunting packet is sent with all the map ordering information, firearm declaration and other important information. We are available to assist with any questions or concerns you may have. Arrival: We will arrange your arrival time and date and be ready to fill out license and validation tag. A field orientation is included but then hunters are on their own unless a guide is hired. We will help with tracking and retrieval and transporting back to camp.

Licenses: license and outdoors cards are available at Pine Sunset Lodge.